This section outlines the terms and conditions of service of members, which are as follows:
(1) A member shall, unless his appointment is terminated earlier by the Central Government, hold office for a term of three years from the date of his appointment.
(2) A person who holds, or who has held, office as Chairman or member shall be eligible for re-appointment to that office once, but only once.
(3) A member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government, but he shall continue in office until his resignation is accepted by the Central Government.
(4) A casual vacancy caused by the resignation of a member under sub-section (3) or for any other reason, shall be filled by fresh appointment.
(5) A member may be appointed either as a whole-time or part-time member as the Central Government thinks fit.
(6) Subject to the foregoing provisions, the terms and conditions of service of the Chairman and other members shall be such as may be prescribed by rules.