Every person who intends to do the following, must make a notice and submit the required documents to the Commissioner.
- Make any addition to a building
- Make any alteration or repairs to a building involving the removal or re-erection of its external wall or any wall which supports its roof exceeding one-half of the space above the plinth level. This half must be measured in superficial feet.
- Make any alteration or repairs to a frame building involving the removal or re-erection of more than one-half of the posts in any wall described above.
- Make any alteration in a building involving- (i) the sub-division of any room in that building so as to convert it into two or more separate rooms, or (ii) the conversion of any passage or space in the building into a room or rooms.
- Repair, remove, construct, reconstruct or make any addition to or structural alteration in any portion of a building abutting on a street which stands within the regular line of such street.
- Close permanently any door or window in an external wall.
- Remove or reconstruct the principal staircase or to alter its position.