An improvement scheme may provide for all or any one of the following matters-
- An acquisition by agreement or under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894, of any property necessary for or affected by the execution of the scheme.
- The relaying out of any land comprised in the scheme.
- The redistribution of sites belonging to owners of property acquired under the scheme.
- The closure or demolition of buildings or portions of buildings unfit for human habitation.
- The demotion of obstructive buildings or any of its portions.