Consultation with RWAs


  1. It is mandatory for the relevant local body to consult the local Residents' Welfare Associations (RWAs) while deciding to declare a particular street as a 'mixed use street'.
  2. However, consultation with the relevant RWA  is only for identifying mixed use streets, and not for granting of permission in individual cases.
  3. Concerned RWAs also have a right to be heard in cases of complaints of public nuisance and non-permissible uses when a street as been declared a mixed use street.