PROVISION NO. 24.1- GROUND COVERAGE, FLOOR AREA RATIO AND SETBACKS
- The directions of the side, rear setback and gate must be as per the Setback/ Layout Plan and directions prepared by the Authority from time to time.
- Subdivision of an individual residential plot or a building constructed on it is not allowed.
- Only 2 dwelling units and a servant quarter are allowed on plots have a size upto 100 square metres. On plots having a size between 100 square metres and 500 square metres, 3 dwelling units are allowed. On plots having sizes above 500 square metres, 4 dwelling units are allowed. In density calculation, 4.5 persons per dwelling unit is considered for residential plots. Each servant quarter is counted as half dwelling unit.
- Stilt parking- Stilt parking is allowed on a maximum height of 2.4 metres up to the bottom of the beam. For plots of sizes more than 112 square metres, the area covered by the stilt parking shall not be counted towards the FAR. However, in case stilt parking is not provided, parking provision may be made in the setbacks.
- No construction of any kind is permitted beyond the building envelope on setbacks except the following types of constructions-
- A chajja (projection) of maximum width of 0.75 metres at the roof level. No construction of any type shall be permitted over such projections.
- Underground water tanks with top flush with the surrounding ground level elevated to the height of the water tank.
- In plots having an area of 200 square metre or more, if required, a temporary guard room of a portacabin of 1.5 metre x 1.5 metre shall be permitted after approval by the Authority.
- Canopy projections of 4.5 metre by 2.4 metres in front or side setbacks (maximum 2 numbers) in plots where front set back is 4.5 metre or more and only one such canopy inside set back where front set back is less than 4.5 metre shall be permitted. No construction of any type is permitted over the canopy projection. The canopy may be supported by circular columns having a diameter of a maximum 30 centimetres or rectangular columns of 30 centimetres by 30 centimetres.
- Open Plinth steps: Open plinth steps and plinth ramp in front and rear setback are allowed. Open plinth steps and plinth ramps beyond a depth of 6 metres inside setback are also allowed.
- In case of corner plots having an area up to 200 square metres, load bearing columns of 300 millimetres by 300 millimetres inside setback are permitted. A maximum of 2 such columns may be permitted.
- Balcony up to 1.5 m width (upto 1.0 m width where setback is less than 3.0 m) is permitted. No enclosure of any type is allowed on the balcony.
- The inner courtyard can be covered by a temporary cover, at a height of 1.5 metres above the roof level. If covered at the roof level, it shall not be permissible. (l) The internal changes within the building envelope are permissible without any revision submission.
- Other features as mentioned in Table 3.
- Floor Area Ratio
FAR shall also include-
- Pergola should be counted towards Floor Area Ratio calculation if it is enclosed from three or more than three sides.
FAR shall not include-
- Cantilever projections (in setbacks) of a width of 0.75 metre at any level.
- Canopy projections of 4.5 metre by 2.4 metre size in a maximum of 2 front or side setbacks in plots where front set back is 4.5 metre or more and only 1 such canopy inside setbacks where the front setback is less than 4.5 metres.
- Basement, (only single basement) equivalent to ground coverage is permitted, if used for parking, services and storage.
- Stilt area of non-habitable height proposed to be used for parking, landscaping etc.
- Loft upto 1.5 metres in height
- Other features as mentioned in Table 3.
- Open ramps for movement of vehicles inside setbacks only.
- Balconies (upto 1.50 metres. width. If a balcony is more than 1.50 metres in width, then 1/4th of its area shall be counted in FAR).
- Cupboard (0.60 metres wide), Staircase, Lift, Mumty for staircase, and Bay windows.
- The basement area should not exceed the building envelope.
- The height of any basement shall be a maximum of 1.5 metres from the bottom of the slab above the top of the external drain.The maximum height of the basement from the floor to ceiling shall be 4.5 metres.
- A basement shall be allowed upto a distance of 2.0 metres. from the adjacent plot on the basis of a structure stability certificate.
Structural stability certificate
- Minimum requirements for sanction/completion-
- 40 square metres or 50 percent of maximum permissible ground coverage(whichever is more) with provisions of a functional toilet/bath and kitchen.
- Provision of the following items must also be made in the building in order to obtain the occupancy certificate-
- Electrical wiring whereas electrical fittings shall not be mandatory.
- Plumbing and fittings in at least one toilet and kitchen
- Number plate;
- Boundary wall is mandatory.
- Internal and external finishing (plastering and whitewashing is not mandatory);
- The house must be lockable i.e. all external doors must be provided with a grill. If a grill is provided for the windows as well, then fixing of glass in the windows panes is not mandatory.
- Trees as per Table no. 6 or a direction issued by the Noida Authority from time to time. The provisions related to the planting of trees on residential plots are as follows-
- There must be one tree in every plot for plot having a size upto 120 square metres.
- There must be two trees on every plot for plot having size above 120 square metres and upto 300 square metres.
- There must be one tree additional for every 100 square metres on a plot measuring more than 300 square metres.