SECTION NO. 22.214.171.124
- Parking space for all vehicles in any residential building or group housing, must be provided within the plot area/building. Parking outside the plot area (i.e. on the ROW of road, public spaces) will not be permissible and should be penalised.
- Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs), with the help of local police may enforce the parking norms.
- Road cross sections may be redesigned wherever possible to accommodate planned car parking along the residential streets, and for creating more surface movement space.
- Paid on-street and off-street parking is to be developed for long term and short term parking provisions.
- RWAs will have to be called upon to participate in this process by raising monetary contributions from the residents on the basis of objective criteria such as number of cars owned by a resident.