SECTION NO. 12(D)
- According to this section, notwithstanding anything contained in this act, the registrar may, by order in writing, cancel the registration of any society on any of the following grounds -
- The registration of the society or of its name or change of name was contrary to the provisions of this Act or of any other law for the time being in force.
- Its activities or proposed activities have been or are or will be subversive of the objects of the society or opposed to public policy :
Provided that no order of cancellation of registration of any society shall be passed until the society has been given a reasonable opportunity of altering its name or object or of showing cause against the action proposed to be taken in regard to it.
- An appeal against an order made under sub-section (1) may be preferred to the State Government within one month from the date of communication of such order.
- The decision of the State Government under sub-section (2) , shall be final and shall not be called in question in any court."