Registration of Mixed Use in Residential Property and Payment of Charges


  • When a  person wants to put his residential property to another type of use in a 'Mixed Use' designated area, he must pay the requisite conversion fees. He can pay them online on this website- Until 2018, it was mandatory to pay the conversion charges annually. However, the government released a notification stating that since 2018, applicants are required to pay only a one-time conversion fee to put their residential property to commercial use.  You can find the latest notification on conversion fee payment here.
  • No modification to the residential plot being put to mixed use is permitted unless the allottee/owner has obtained a sanction to do so by submitting the revised building plans and paid necessary fees or charges.
  • The local body concerned is responsible for ensuring that the residential properties do not violate the mixed use provisions.