PROVISION NO. 27.0
- A co-operative society is entitled to remove or expel a person from the membership of a co-operative society in accordance with the procedure and for those causes as are prescribed in its bye-laws.
- The Registrar is also entitled to remove or expel a person from the membership of a co-operative society if-
- The person has ceased to fulfill the qualifications required for membership, or is disqualified to be a member under this Act or the bye-laws of the society,
- The co-operative society, even when required by the Registrar by order in writing fails to remove or expel him, within 30 days after receiving the order, or
- The person was admitted to the membership of the society in contravention of the provisions of this Act, or the bye-laws of the society.
- Every member has the right to be heard with respect to the grounds on which his removal or expulsion is proposed to be made.
- No member of a co-operative society, expelled under subsection (1) or (2) shall be eligible for re-admission as a member of that society within 2 years from the date of his expulsion.