- If, in the opinion of the Registrar, the committee of any co-operative society persistently defaults in its duties, or takes an action which is harmful to the interest of the society, the Registrar may, after giving the committee an opportunity to state its objections remove the committee. He shall make this order in writing. He may-
- Order fresh election of the committee, or
- Appoint one or more administrators who need not be members of the society,
to manage the affairs of the society for not more than 1 year. The 1 year period may be extended by the Registrar from time to time up to 3 years.
- The Registrar has the power to fix the remuneration of the administrator which is to be paid from the society funds.
- The administrator shall, at the expiry of his term of office, arrange for the constitution of a new committee in accordance with the bye-laws of the society.
- Before taking any action under sub-section 1 in respect of a co-operative society, the Registrar shall consult the financing institution to which it is indebted.
Section 33- Securing possession of records, etc.
- If the record, registers or the books of accounts of a co-operative society are likely to be tampered with or destroyed and the fund and property of a society are likely to be misappropriated or misapplied, or
- If the committee of a co-operative society is reconstituted at a general meeting or
- If the committee of a society is removed by the Registrar under section 32
- If the society is ordered to be wound up under section 63 and the outgoing members of the committee refuse to hand over charge of the records and property of the society,
The Registrar may apply to the magistrate for securing the records and property of the society.
On receipt of such an application, the magistrate may, by a warrant, authorise any police officer, not below the rank of sub-inspector, to enter and search any place where the records and the property are kept or are believed to be kept and to seize them.
The records and property seized shall be handed over to the new committee or administrator of the society or the liquidator.